Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Prince has come and his name is Daddy!

Hey gals! Have any of you seen the new movie Courageous? If not, I highly recommend that you do! It’s an amazing movie. Before I begin sharing what God has laid on my heart I want to say that I understand many of you do not have good fathers. They are not eh “Prince” type or anything close to that. Some of you may not even know who your father is. I understand that. My heart breaks for you…. Some of us have amazing fathers. Are you one of those girls? You could only dream of marrying a man like your father. No matter where you come from hopefully you can relate in some way.



We talked about submission a couple of post back and I made it clear how I find it comforting to submit to my father. I trust him and rely on him often. This is not the way many girls view submission. Some see it as a bad thing, a struggle, and they just honestly rather not do it. God calls you to obey your parents. Can we be real here? You may to their face honor them (Some do not even do that, but lets hope you do.), but what is your attitude towards them when you are not looking, when you are hanging out with your friends, or just in your thoughts. Do you value your father’s opinion? We have all at sometime thought that we knew better than our parents. It’s true isn’t it. How did it end up? Girls, I’m here to be real with you…. You are not smarter than your parents. You do not know what’s better for you. There is no reason to “Hide” things from them. If you cannot talk, touch, or look at that guy the way you do in front of your dad then you shouldn’t be doing it. It’s that simple. If your dad doesn’t like the guy no matter how head over heals you are for him you according to the Bible you are called to respect your dad and obey his wishes. I’m not saying it is easy, but I am saying that it is what you are called to do. You may be closer to your mom than your dad and that is fine, but babe the bottom line is if you cannot respect your father now you will have a hard time respecting your husband one day.  You may be thinking….yada yada yada but this is real. One day you will realize that you could have missed lots of heart ache and pain if you would have just listened to your dad.



With all that said though…. Let your father be your prince! You may want a husband so bad that it physically hurts. I hear ya… I want one too! The thing is though until God brings your Prince dance with your daddy! Let him protect, comfort, and guide you. It is what you are called to do!

If you do not have a father once again, my heart breaks for you… Babe,  I’m…. Im just sorry. The things is though if you have accepted Christ as your Savior you do have a father. A perfect one at that! One who loves you and cares about you more than you will ever know! Cultivate your relationship with your Heavenly Father… You will never regret it!

JEN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww that was really sweet post!!! I learned to completely trust my daddy bout a year ago and it's a beautiful thing. My dad trusts that I know when to ask for help he trusts me and I trust him completely and it truely is a beautiful thing!