Saturday, July 3, 2010

Flashback Friday!

I didn't have anything really original on my mind tonight, but I had been talking to some girls about a post I did a while back. So, I decided to do a flashback, but I may also add some more comments... :) If you have read this before I'm sorry, but many of you were not followers then....so, enjoy!

""If you loved me you would have" or "If you love me you will"

These lines are often used by guys who want something out of a girl that they can not have or at least should not have. Now before you get the idea that I'm bad mouthing guys... I'm not! We are just using this as the circumstances. Ok? So, what is "true Love"? I'm just going to point you straight to the word of God! 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 says it as simple as you can get!

~1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind, love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things,endures all things.~

Now, you can fill in what usually follows from the statements above. I will give you a few ideas... "Baby if you love me you will "do it", "go all the way", "send revealing or nude pictures" , "go behind your parents back", or the simple ones of "kiss me", or "say I love you back"! Whenever these lines are used it typically means that lines have been drawn (congrats!!), but now someone is trying to push them. I want to show you girls today how false this statement is! True Love does not insist its own way (Go check it out... I'm quoting God's word!)! That goes directly against what that person who says those lines is attempting to do. They are trying to get what THEY want.... That would not include what is best for you or even what you want. Also, if you do happen to say no what often happens? They will get irritable and resentful... Is that love? Check back to God's word.... It is NOT!

So, precious sisters in Christ... I beg you to PLEASE take a step back next time you are told this lie... Whether is seems real or not! Examine the situation and see if "true love" would be asking you to do whatever is being asked of you.



Encouraging you to stay strong,

JEN "
 
Have you ever been told these lies? I know I have... There are plenty of guys who when they say they love a girl they mean it, but love has no conditions. Meaning, they shouldn't love you only if you do something for them. Be aware...you do not have to walk around blinded by the world's lies!
 
With care,
JEN

2 comments:

Carmen and Rachelle said...

True love is putting the other person ahead of yourself. Very good post!

Rachel said...

Oh, I LOVE that chapter!! It's such a good reminder of what TRUE LOVE is.

Great post!