Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What is your reputation?

What do people think of you? So often we get bogged down with the "Don't care what people think abbout you!" or how people shouldn't judge you. Well, both of those are true, yet at the same time I do believe that you should be concerned about what people think about God because of you. Are you any different than the world? Can people notice that you are a christian without you having to say so? This does matter. I have a story from my own life that encouraged me to stand stronger on what I believe.

My old roommate Jmo (Jennifer Moreman, but since we have the same name I'm Jro and she is Jmo!) who is now the other girls RA has made a strong stand against movies or TV shows with sex scenes in them. She doesn't judge others who watch them, but herself personally has decided to not watch them. It is something that everyone knows, but if you are close to her you know this. I agree it is not healthy to watch them, but I struggle to keep the same standard. Let's be honest... how many shows are there that do not have some form of sex scene. It is hard, but besides that. Jmo has made a stand and I'm sure she struggles, but she fights hard. Well the other night I was watching a movie and it was not a bad movie at all. I'm pretty sure it was rated pg, but when jmo knocked on my door I invited her in. I looked at the tv and realized there was a rather passtionate scene on. Nothing that to someone with usual standards would mind. I knew that Jmo would rather not watch it though. Girls this is the type of standard we should set... She never once said I thing to me or has never asked me to change anything. She just simply stood for what she believed. She made no big deal of it or anything. How about you? Can you say the same thing about youself? Sadly most of us cant... So the point of this post is to encourage each of us to be more like Jmo in the way we stand up for what we believe!

JEN

No comments: