Sunday, November 1, 2009

Perusing God with your everything!

Hey sis! I was trying to decide what to share tonight and I decided to start out by sharing a little bit of my past and some of the things that I’ve learned with hopes of encouraging you girls and showing you that you are not alone in this battle and it is possible to be in love with God and content with out a guy!

So here it goes.... I grew up in the basic home school family. I knew all the right answers and knew a good many verses, but it wasn’t until I was around the age of 14 that I began to realize how it wasn’t about my parent’s faith or their "religion", but it was about what I personally believed. Now, please do not get me wrong.... I had asked Jesus Christ into my heart when i was 5 years old and I meant it completely, although it was the fact that I was not seeking God's will. I was seeking my parent’s approval. Anyway, I had the chance to go on a mission trip out west at the age of 14 and it really hit me hard as to what the real world was like. That just doing the so called, "Right thing" was not what it meant to truly love God! So, I began reading my Bible more and it was the coolest thing to actually find for myself in the Bible all of the things that I had been told about so many times in Awana, Sunday school, Childrens church, and etc! That was the beginning of my love for God... Fast forward around 2 years. See, I like to refer to home schoolers as, "late bloomers"! :) Many of us do not get a chance to hang out with other kids our age (especially of the opposite sex) often until we hit high school, which means all of the drama that happens in public school during the middle school years hit us in high school. That is exactly what happened. Life got tough.... tougher than I EVER imagined that it could be. God was there though... I’ve made my fair share of mistakes...trust me. I’ve also had my fair share of hurt.... but girls...oh precious girls.... can I tell you how at your lowest times it is the most SPECTACULAR thing to have the Lord of Lords and King of Kings bend down, pick you up, dust you off, and then whisper into your ear how perfect and beautiful you are in His eyes?!?!?! I want you to stop and just imagine that.... because if you will allow it to happen He will do it EVERY time! It is not like a one chance thing... He loves you more than you can EVER imagine!! Enough preaching... back to the point! I had a choice. I could either stay luke warm in my faith or cling to God 100%. It wasn’t an easy choice to be real with you guys... Because being different is hard. If anyone ever told you it wasn’t they were lying! Listen to me girls... it is possible though! I chose God! Over this past year my love for Him has grown by leaps and bounds! I'm not sure how noticeable it is...but let me tell you, I know it’s true! Now just to let you know incase you are lost and saying what is this crazy girl talking about being truly in love with God! When I say truly in love with God I mean being ok with not having a guy, being satisfied with who God made you to be, being the girl who stands out in what she says, in the way she lives her life, in the way she treats others, and also in the way she interacts with guys (1 Timothy 4:12)! That is what perusing God with your whole heart is about girls! Putting God above what guys may think of you! I am not saying by any means what so ever that I’m perfect or that I love God as much as I ever could. I would be straight up lying if I did say that. What I am saying though… is I can tell you from person experience that it is possible to put the things of this world behind and run full fledge towards God!

With all that said, I challenge you girls... get into Gods word and fall in love with Him! I love the verse Psalm 37:4,"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."! It is so true! I will tell you now though... The road to purity and loving God with your whole heart is a road that not very many people travel....It can get lonely, but girls that is why we created this group. I want you to know that at NO time are you alone! Even when the world is throwing every lie possible at you to get you to quit chasing Christ please know that I’m praying for you. More so than that you have a Heavenly father who will NEVER leave you nor forsake you! He promises so in Hebrews 13:5b, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."!

I love you girls and I care about you! Please know that you are not alone in this journey and that when you do fail Jesus is there... He wants to pick you back up!

Sis in Christ,
JEN

No comments: