Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Little Challenge...

Okay girls, so I will be honest, I don't have a real topic to post about tonight. But something I've been learning lately is how powerful encouragement and accountability are in our daily lives. So I wanted to encourage you a little, and challenge you at the same time. So tonight I want you to read the following questions, and be honest with yourself in answering them. Are you really making the commitment to purity, or are you still standing on the sidelines?

1) Have I drawn a line in the sand? Have I said to myself "I will not 'go' any further than this?"

2) Have I asked myself what I'm looking for in future husband? Have a made a point to say "I will/will not date a certain kind of guy?"

3) Am I putting modesty into practice? Am I showing respect to myself and others in the way I dress?

These are just a few things we've talked about before, and I want you to ask yourself, are you putting it into practice? I want to encourage you girls, don't put it off until tomorrow to commit to purity, start today! I can guarantee you are not alone! Jen and I are right there with you, and I'm sure many other girls can say that too! Girls, we were never told this would be easy, but we were told this would be worth it. Don't ever forget that! Remember girls, God is with you every step of the way, and he has the absolute best in mind for YOU! I urge you to embark of the wonderful journey of purity, you'll be rewarded. :)

Love, Kat

3 comments:

Jennifer R said...

Awesome post! I love your praticality! :) I knew you would come up with something good to talk about! Also... thanks for always encouraging me and helping me to stay strong in my stands! You are an awesome friend and sis! :)

Haylie Jo Gregory said...

Awesome Post! I have asked my self these questions about a week ago actually LOL And I know where I stand with modesty. I am actually writing a devotional book about modesty/inner beauty!

Loving ya'lls blog so far! =]

Anonymous said...

Jen, thanks so much! I figured we all need some encouragement from time to time, so why not now?

Haylie, that's great! I pray that God uses you to do mighty things through this project!