Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thought Filled Thursday!

~ When someone you love becomes a memory that memory becomes a treasure! ~




Is it just me or does it seem that everyone has been dying lately? I've lost extremely close friends. Seen many people loose parents, friends, spouses, and just mere acquaintances. I read people's blogs and I see how it is not only me. I joke with mom about how it makes you want to get a life insurance plan, but the truth is it makes me more determined to share the love of God with our lost and dying world!!! This is not a normal subject that we discuss, but death is real... we each have a time to die. As hard as it is to hear it's the truth. The awesome part about it is that we do not have to fear death!! I've realized this more and more lately. I have friends who are not saved and they do not totally understand the prayer thing, but they will txt me and ask me to "pray" basically comfort them when they or a close friend of theirs is close to death. My heart breaks for them... They have no hope!



Normally on thought filled Thursday we just share a quote or lyrics and that's it, but i feel led to go a little deeper today... If you were to die today where would you go, Heaven or hell? Have you ever thought about it? Do you have a fear of death? John 3:16, which almost everyone knows, says, "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son that who so ever believeth in his should not perish, but have everlasting life.". This is good news guys! The Bible tells us that because we have sinned, messed up, and basically are just not good enough to get to Heaven (Romans 3:23) we have to be punished. What might that punishment be you ask? Eternal separation from God... hell. Here is the good part though... God loved you SO much that He was willing to send His one and only son down from Heaven to die a terrible death for you! Yes... you! He did it all for you! Before we go on though you have to realize that He didn’t stay dead. Three days later He came back to life! We do not serve a nice God who is dead now, but died doing a really nice thing. We serve a living God who overcame death!!! You may wonder what the big deal was.... I mean how can one person save all of human kind, anyone who trust in Him? The thing is He was perfect. He lived life, faced the same things you and I do, yet He never once sinned! How cool is that? So, because of what Jesus did you have a way to Heaven! All you have to do is realize that you are a sinner and basically be willing to admit that you have messed up. Then believe that Jesus is who He says He is. That He lived a perfect life and died on the cross for you (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)! What happens then (This is my favorite part!! :))? The Bible tells us that we become His child! John 1:12 says, "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.". I love that! Unlike some parents though He promises to never leave you... period! Hebrews 13:5 says, "I will never leave you now forsake you.". I absolutely adore that promise!



So, why do I tell you all this? I'm sure many of you could have said it better than me... yet God led me to share this tonight. We are never promised another breath... I ask you again... If you were to die today, where would you go? If you have any questions that you rather not post as a comment feel free to e-mail me! This is my passion and I love each one of you! It is the desire of my heart that not one person may perish... I pray that each one of you has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!



JEN

2 comments:

Hayley Kathryn said...

Convicting words! So very true. I actually heard this exact topic tonight at our college worship service- we recently lost a football player and it's taking a toll on a lot of students.
We must get out of our comfort zones and share the love of Jesus Christ to others. We are never promised another day..
Great post!

Hayley

Katherine said...

Blessings!!!!

Katherine