Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lost in God...

There's a popular saying, I think we've even used it on here before. It goes something like "A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man has to seek him to find her." Something about those words have weighed heavily on my heart tonight. I know we've discussed focusing on God rather than guys many times, but I wonder if we've really let it sink in. Several times my youth group has discussed the cost of being a disciple. Luke 14:25-27 says it like this, "Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 'If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.'" Now this is not talking about literal hatred, after all the Bible preaches against hate and tells us to love right? This passage simply means that our love for God should be so passionate, so deep, that when compared with our love for life, the love for life looks like hatred. We should love God so much, that the most prized earthly things (family, friends, life) won't hold him back from God's will. This easily translates to purity. Our love for God should be so deep that compared to our longing for a future husband, it comes out far more important. You know there are woman who have given up their fairy tale dreams to serve God? He is there first and only love. Could you do that? There's a song by According to John that beautifully depicts a love like this. I encourage you to read these words, let them sink in. How does your love for God compare?

What a beautiful smile
A radiant girl
Fell in love first time I saw her
She stays on my mind
Id give anything
To know everything about her

Pre-Chorus:
Theres light in her eyes
And I know its all for him
She carries on and on
Like he was her best friend

Chorus:
Shes in love (echo)
Its not hard to see
But I would like to believe it was with me
Someone got a hold of her heart
And he wont let go
And I know Shes in love

Verse2:
She looks to the sky
When she talks about him
She believes he hung the moon
Said he had to go away
She waits for his return
Says hes coming for her soon

Pre-Chorus2:
How can this be fair?
This guy can walk on water
Dont guess Ive got a prayer
Hes written love letters - to reach her

Bridge:
She worships the ground he walks on
She just smiles when she says his name
Its a match made in heaven
I cant compete with the King of Kings

Love, Kat

6 comments:

Katherine said...

This has been on my mind to! Lovely post!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! I couldn't agree more! I LOVE that song too! thank you for sharing!

Jennifer R said...

LOVE this! Great job Kat! =)

Hayley Kathryn said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I love that verse "a woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him to find her". Lovely blog! Looking forward to keeping up with you.

xoxo
Hayley

Giann said...

Amy Carmichael was one of those girls who gave up everything for the sake of the poor. You want to see a modern day one? Go to kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com..

Tieirra said...

Awwwwwe****** wow I want and desire Sooooo much to have love and to have my heart hidden in God so greatly!!! I'm so excited to have this type of new found love for Jesus my lover <3 <3