Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Commitment Level

Okay, so we have talked many times about how God needs to be your main focus, and a "love life" should follow his timing and such. But tonight I want to pose a couple of tough questions for you. Tonight is gonna be short and to the point.

Let's look at it like this. Maybe God's will for your life is that you don't marry, instead you pour your heart and soul into maybe missions, all for his glory. Would you be willing to do it? Would you be willing to give up the dream of a fairytale romance? Would you be willing to still uphold purity standards? Now you may just wanna say yes and move on. You may want to pretend you never read this post, but think about it. This all comes down to commitment level, and can be applied to any part of your life, not just purity. My challenge to you is to commit to God's will for your life. Some of you may not be there, and I want you to know I'm praying for you. I don't think you're a bad person for not being ready to make that commitment, it's a tough one to make, but it's worth it. But some of you may be ready, and I encourage you to pray, seek God's will, and do it. Commitment levels are sometimes hard to measure, but I'll leave you with this. If God asked you to give up your most valued material possession, or your anything you love to do, would you give it up?

-Kat

No comments: