Friday, February 26, 2010

Finding God's Will!

Have you ever contimplated what God wanted? You turned it every which way and just couldn't figure out what He wanted you to do. As far as guys go there are a few things that you know for sure such as he needs to be a Christian, but what about those grey areas? You know the things such as he is Godly, but not that cute or he is sooooo cute and he is a Christian, but he isnt really that in love with God. What about prom dates? Some people take it very seriously and would only consider a guy who they could seem themselves marrying and others think it is no big deal. Each decision you make there are pros and cons to it. There are no perfect guys (Except Jesus!) and so therefore there will be no perfect relationships! So, now that we know the bad part what should you do? Ask GOD! So often we go to friends or family to ask what they think which is fine, but have you asked God? Last night i was driving home from hanging with some friends and I was thinking about prom. We had all been discussing it and everyone had a different opinion. What was my opinion? Did i want to go with someone that i know I would not marry or just go with anyone for the fun of it? What would my future husband want? I wouldnt do anything with the guy....but would he rather me still wait? What about my date who is just a friends future wife, would she care? These are all of the thoughts that was running through my mind as I drove home. I just simply began talking to God. I asked Him what HE wanted! Luke 11:9 says, "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.". James 1:5-8 says, If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.". Ask God!

I honestly think that the term, "Im going to pray and think about it" is overused.. When you say that do you really do it or do you listen to other people and make your mind up by what they say? I challenge you to seek God and do not do like James talks about and not trust that God will answer! God promises to give you the wisdom you need!

With care,
JEN

No comments: