Tuesday, February 9, 2010

From a Godimist's Viewpoint

So I feel like today I should take a break from the usual "stay pure" and "be a good kid" kinda post, and just encourage you guys. If you know me really well, you've probably heard me use the term "Godimist" from time to time. Most of you have probably never heard of that term, so allow me to explain. Everyone knows an optimist sees the glass as half full, and a pessimist sees the glass as half empty. Well a Godimist sees the glass as full and overflowing with God's love and grace. To a Godimist, it doesn't matter if the glass if half full or half empty, because God is in control. So I strive to be a Godimist. Today I'm going to take a Godimistic viewpoint on the controversial holiday that occurs this coming weekend: Valentine's Day.

So my stance on Valentine's Day is this, it doesn't matter if you have a boyfriend or not. If you do, I hope you enjoy the day and praise God throughout the day. If you don't, I hope you still enjoy the day and praise God throughout the day. Either way, I hope you all recognize that there is one ultimate valentine: God. His love surpasses anything we can imagine. So whether you have a boyfriend or not, I hope you take comfort in God's love this weekend-- and throughout your life. Now that we've discussed my Godimistic viewpoint of this holiday, I'd like to share a few verses that illustrate God's love for us.

John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Psalm 100:5 "For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."

And of course this one:

For God so loVed the world,
That He GAve
His on Ly
BegottEn
SoN
That whosoever
Believeth In Him
Should Not perish,
But have Everlasting life."
-John 3:16


Happy Valentine's Day!

Love, Kat

2 comments:

Jennifer R said...

I love the John 3:16 thing!! :)

Anonymous said...

thanks! I had it spaced out where the letters lined up, but the blog didn't post it right....... grr. LOL! Oh well, you get the point. :D