Monday, May 24, 2010

Listening for once...

So this weekend has been a CRAZY weekend! I Graduated Thursday night. WOOHOO! Anyway, Friday night after work and 2 graduation parties I chaperoned a kids/ youth lock in. Then the next day i had a few more parties and Sunday came around to more Senior recognition and fun stuff! Here I am, late Sunday night and no blog post. My deepest apologies...
Anywho, with all that said... I learned something this weekend late in the night when there were tons of screaming kids... PRAY... Sounds easy doesn't it? This is just me so if it isn't something you do then you can just call me crazy... but i come into a situation where i do not know what to do (Normally this has to do with guys!) and I ask God, and ask God then i ask some more for Him to show me what to do, but then all of the sudden it turns for the bad. The guys isn't who you think he is, he likes another girl, decides its better to just be friends, or whatever the case may be! Why do we all of the sudden get mad??!! We beg God to show us His will yet when He does and it isn't what we want or hoped it would be we pitch a fit over it. It doesn't always seem that way, but that's the bottom line. What are we called to do? It is easy to do the first part and we are drilled to do it...what after that though? We are called to accept Gods answer...whether it is what we had in mind or not! Jeremiah 29:11 tells us how he has GOOD plans for us! We should have no problem trusting Him if we believe that is true!

So here is what I did, I asked God to mold me... I went outside so that I could think and pray some... I cried some, I argued with God some, then i just decided to sit....be still.... Have you ever done that before? If you are truly seeking God it is one of the best possible feelings EVER! Girls this is what Christianity is all about... it isn't a Sunday morning, wed night, and if you really want to look good Sunday night thing.... it is a PERSONAL relationship with Jesus Christ! How quick when something goes wrong or you get mad do you go run to a friend to get their support? For me, as soon as possible. How quick do you run to God though? Sometime quickly, but often not so fast... I call Him my best friend though... Hmmmmm... Get where God was hitting home? Run to Him all you who are weary and burdened .... He cares for you!!

This has been my heart over the past weekend. I hope it made as much sense to you as it did me! I pray that each one of you has a personal encounter with a Holy, perfect, loving, precious, amazing, and so many more things God! You will never and I do mean never be the same....



With care,

JEN

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Totally makes sense! and praise G-D, so true! Congrats, and may He strengthen you!
Blessings,
Katherine

Jess said...

love love love this! God has really been working in my life with all this as well! :) you should listen to the song "Fail us Not" by 1000 Generations. Pretty amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you mentioned just sitting in the Lord's presence, waiting for Him to speak to you...I love doing this! Times of silence are really when He speaks to us. Just wish I could sit still for longer than just a few minutes though!

May God bless you for waiting on Him!

xox