Monday, May 17, 2010

Story-filled Monday!

...love with no regrets. Laugh a lot and leave this life with nothing left unsaid...don't be afraid to cry.That is one of my new favorite songs, it's called "Nothing to Prove" and it's by Phillips, Craig and Dean. It's on their newest album, Fearless.Since reading up on this 2012 conspiracy (lol) I've really thought about the end of my life a lot. I don't know when God has my home going planned and I'd rather not know. I can say that I'd like to live past December 21, 2012 and not because I survived the apocalypse either - haha.After watching the TV show, NCIS non-stop for about three weeks straight last October, I've seen a lot of people "die". I know it's not real but still...people fighting with the people they love then dying. Even this season (season 7), I have seen it in almost every episode - people having words left unsaid for the people they love, dying before they can be said. People having regret, after regret and going to their grave with them. I know, it's a show but people die every day in the same shape.I've lost too many people in my life and words were left unsaid. My aunt Linda died and I never got to say "I love you" one last time. My aunt Brenda died and I hadn't seen her in years - I never got to tell her that Jesus loved her one more time. My aunt Dean died and the last time she saw me, we argued. Talk about painful. My nanny died two Decembers ago, very unexpectedly, and I hadn't talked to her since Thanksgiving - it had been two weeks. I never want to leave anything left unsaid. If I love you, I'm going to tell you. If I've hurt you, I'm going to apologize. If I have regrets, I'm going to have to get over them and pray about them. God can take the pain of those regrets away.This video makes me cry everytime...the first time I saw it (on NCIS - of course) I cried...I just can't help but cry (you better watch it - it goes with the note - lol) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHJ6Mxc4l1EEver since this particular time in October, I've tried my best to make it a point to say what I needed to say to be at peace. I've made apologies I thought I'd never make. I've faced situations I thought I'd never face. And honestly, I'm broken. I'm very happy but still broken...I don't know how it is possible but God is really changing me and doing things and honestly, I don't know how I can hold back tears every time I see a friend (or foe).I know, this is kinda all over the place but it has one purpose - live your life with no regrets! Always tell people you love them, never let the sun go down on your anger towards another brother/sister in Christ (Ephesians 4:26b).I don't want to die with something to prove (the song "Nothing to Prove" is about this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmC5aRFb-Vs - that's the video of the song). I'm not saying I'm dying anytime soon (I sure hope not - I sure hope I fulfill God's purpose for my life and find Mr. Right before that happens) but I want to start making it all right now because we're not promised tomorrow.A recent background image I had on my phone said, "Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." I know, it's a corny "teenager wrote it" kinda thing but it's so true. God has everything aligned to make us better, whether we see it now or not.I don't know really how to end this just, tell people you love them. Apologize even if you don't think it's your fault or if it doesn't seem like a big deal. And quit worrying about the storms and trial you are going through - you'll regret it later. It's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about dancing in the rain ;)Seriously...don't leave this earth with something to prove.

Judgement Day - Abby Hugs Team
www.youtube.com
A small clip from Judgement Day where Abby comments on the team's outfits.

3 comments:

Amber Noella said...

so true!

Amber Nicole Smith said...

So glad to see you chose this Blog. I love this one. I cry everytime I read it. LOL! And I stinkin' wrote it. LOL!

I love this Blog ladies...keep up the good work! God bless!!!

wowow said...

Great post!! The message was very true and also encouraging. I love the song too.