Friday, June 25, 2010

Prayer for the heart...

Hey girls! Wow it's been a LONG time since I posted. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to get to the blog much over the past few weeks, but you can be assured that I missed it! Anyway, tonight I wanted to talk to you about prayer. Now I know we've talked about praying for our future husbands many times, but tonight I wanna talk about praying for yourself, and more specifically your heart.

Our verse for the blog comes from Song of Solomon 8:4, "Oh daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you, do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." And in Proverbs 4:23 the Bible tells us, "Above all else guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." You know, sometimes we focus so much on praying for our future husbands and making our little lists of what to look for, we forget to look at our own hearts.

Tonight I want to encourage you to guard your heart. And to pray for the strength to let love sleep, until it is God's timing for love to be awakened. My cheerleading squad's Chaplain presented me and her daughter with a gift when we roomed together at cheer camp- two wooden butterflies for us to decorate. Melissa (her daughter) explained to me that they are meant to be prayer prompts, to remind us to pray. You see, a caterpillar goes into it's cocoon and doesn't come out until it's just the right time, and it is turned into a beautiful butterfly. It's the same way with love, our hearts are wrapped up in a little cocoon and God will tell us when to come out. So with their permission, I pass on this prayer prompt to you. Everytime you see a butterfly, or even a caterpillar, I encourage you to pray for the strength for you and your husband not to awaken love until God's timing is right.

Love, Kat

3 comments:

She Will Move Mountains said...

Beautiful post and I so agree with you! When love is awakened at the right time, by God, it is so much more meaningful and beautiful! You're right....don't get caught up in only praying for your future husband, but remember that your heart has to be right as well, and also pursuing the Lord so that you will be just as good a catch as the young man your heart desires.

Jennifer R said...

I totally agree kat!! Melissa and her mom are so precious... :) That is an awesome thought! I use my purity ring as my reminder to pray, but i love the symbolism between the butterfly and the way our love should wait! Great post! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful post. I love what you said with the butterfly.
I love your blog! I've been going through reading old posts and it's fantastic!! I wish more christian (teens) were so open and honest. Honesty is so refreshing to hear these days. Keep up the good work and thanks for being a blessing! <3 I look forward to reading more!
Xo,
marie