Friday, June 18, 2010

Where is your worth found?

In yesterdays post I used the quote, "Guys are here to admire your beauty...not create it!". At first I didn't really get this quote, but the more I thought about it I realized how true it was! I see so many girls who all the guy has to do is tell them they are pretty or even better beautiful (Sadly, for many of the being called sexy is the best compliment they could ever get...) and the girl becomes basically putty in the guys hand. This breaks my heart.... We can read God's word and at the places He calls us gorgeous we are like sure...whatever. Yet, we seek and seek for guys/ the worlds approval. I am the first to admit that it feels great to have a guy tell you that you are beautiful, but I'm also the first to tell you that a guys view of beauty will not last forever. I want to give you girls a few verses that talk about how God views you! Read these...write them down... memorize them....live them!

~ Psalm 144:12 Our daughters will be like pillars. Carved to adorn a palace!

~ John 15:16a You didn't choose me. I chose you!

~ Galatians 1:10 (NIV) Am I now trying to win the approval of men or of God? Or am i trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

~Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's masterpiece. He created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.

~Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time!

~Genesis 1:31 And God saw everything that he had made and He said it was very good!

So, the next time you find yourself feeling worthless, ugly, fat, or anything else remember these verses! Guys come and go, but God's Word NEVER leaves! Love you girls! :)

JEN

8 comments:

Katherine said...

INcredible quote, beautiful verses, great and encouraging commentary, and praise G-D!!!

Blessings!
Katherine

Sky said...

Thanks for posting these encouraging verses.

Brooke said...

Thanks for the post! It's very encouraging.

BookSnob said...

There was a song called By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North that goes "Why are you looking for love?/Why are you searching, as if I'm not enough?"
Your post reminded me of that. Great job!!

Tessa Emily Hall said...

Great post and so true! Thank you for these verses. God bless :)

Tessa
www.ChristIsWrite.blogspot.com

She Will Move Mountains said...

You've been tagged on my blog, Jen and Kat! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great Post!!!

wowow said...

Great post. That was a big encouragement to me.
Keep it up! :D