Sunday, December 6, 2009

Are you dating, or are you friends?

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm not picking on you for your actions. But if this post makes you question your actions, I encourage you to pray and take a closer look at what you are doing. Today we're basically gonna talk about how you treat your guy friends.

I had a guy friend for a while who, to be quite honest, was a little too much of a ladies man. We never knew WHO he was dating, because he treated a lot of girls like his girlfriend (sometimes better). I remember more than one time when I asked a friend "are they going out?" and she said "no he's with that other girl." Sadly, this is the case with many boys and girls. They won't be in a relationship with someone, but they will act like it. What if your future husband wanted to ask you out, but thought you were dating a guy friend because of the way you act?

This kinda goes along with Jen's last post. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. How? Well, if you say you don't like a guy, but continue flirting incessantly with him, you are leading him on, and you haven't really said NO. If you like him, seek God's will for your relationship, if you don't, then don't act like you do. It's may seem crazy, but it's pretty simple. IDK how many times I've been told "girls are so complicated" by a guy friend. Well truthfully we are, especially in this area. We can cause a guy to stumble in his thought life if we are say, sitting in his lap, holding his hand, or just hanging on him all while you aren't even dating. I honestly think you shouldn't be sitting in his lap PERIOD. We can easily portray a completely different meaning from our words by our actions. Do you want guys to stop calling you complicated? It's easy, be simple. Don't be a stumblingblock, don't portray your relationship differently than they are. If you're friends, be friends, nothing more.

Now I'm gonna be a little more brutally honest. I know that a couple of years ago this post could have somewhat applied to me. Not to the extent that I have said, but I definitely needed to lay off the flirting. If I had read this post back then I would have thought, "oh it doesn't apply to me. I'm not that bad." Girls I mean this with all the love you can imagine, it very well may be your actions that people are questioning. I want to encourage you to pray, talk to God, and see where you can improve. Is there an area where you may be acting like your guy friend is more than a guy friend? Please take a look at what you are doing. It can only go for God's glory!

Love, Kat

P.S. Sorry I am so late posting this week! I will try to get back on track this week!

No comments: