Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A little hope...

Hey girls! So I feel like I've been throwing so much at you, dos and don'ts. And I feel like tonight I just need to give you something uplifting. So tonight we're gonna talk about a particular verse in Psalms that has become very dear to me (rabbit trail: the more I read the Bible, the more I verses become dear to me!). This verse is Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Now of course, we are gonna focus this on the area of purity, after all this blog is about purity... So let's get started.

I wanna start with a little disclaimer. Many people misinterpret this verse and think that it means God will give them just anything in life. And then they want to throw it back at God and say "well what about this? It was my hearts desire, but I didn't get it!" Well, they have taken the verse out of context. Our sin nature wants to focus on the last part of the verse and completely ignore the first part. We skip right to the part where we get what we want. But let's take another look at the verse. "DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Still confused? Delighting yourself in the Lord pretty much means that we are adamantly pursuing God's will with our everything, that we are passionate about what God wants to do. You see if we are truly delighting ourselves in the Lord our desires will match up with his. When our desires match up with God he is eager to grant those desires. Now that we've put the verse in context, let's get to the point of the post.

Okay, so we're all about pursuing God on this blog. Particularly through the area of purity. So we hope you are too. And if you are, get this! God has so much in store for you! He wants to give you his very best! And because of your willingness to worship him through purity, he CAN! That doesn't mean that prince charming will show up tomorrow (although it might, IDK God's plan for your life), but it means that God's perfect plan is already spinning in action, even if you can't see it. He could be orchestrating other areas of life preparing you to meet your future husband, he could be letting you pass through trials to make you stronger and better prepared for the amazing things that will come in the future. Patience is a tough thing, but cling to it, because if you are serving God diligently, he IS working! He DOES have plans for you, and he WILL add unto you all the desires of your heart.

Okay, so I don't know about you, but sometimes I get really down when I see friends who have seemingly perfect relationships with their boyfriends, and I wonder when I will be ready, when it will be my turn. But clinging to this verse provides me with so much encouragement, and i can keep pressing on, knowing that my efforts are not going unnoticed. I hope this helps you today, wherever you are in life. Just remember, God cares, and he wants to do big things in your life. :D

Love, Kat

No comments: