Monday, January 25, 2010

Doing What's Right

Hey girls! Okay, so we don't really have any personal experience stories this week, and to be honest, I will be extremely busy tomorrow and the rest of the week. After talking with Jen, we decided it would be a good idea for me to do my post tonight instead of tomorrow. So here goes. This past weekend I faced what was seemingly insignificant, but still a challenge none-the-less. After dealing with it, I mentioned it to an accountability group. Our group leader pointed out that it was a good example of doing what's right, even when you don't feel like it. Ever since then, that has been stuck in my head, "doing what's right, even when you don't feel like it." So that's what I want to talk to you about today.

The situation: I like to hunt. Saturday I got up at 4am to go hunting, and was out all day, and didn't get into bed until about 11. Sunday, I had a lot of stuff going on, and knew I needed to get up on time to get it all done. So when 8am rolled around and I was still exhausted from the day before, I really didn't wanna get up. I was so tempted to go back to sleep, skip the church service and just go to Sunday school. It would have been so easy to do, and nobody could blame me cuz I was tired, right? Well, no actually. You see, this Wednesday I won't be able to go to church, and it's iffy whether I'll make it to Sunday morning church next week. So I really needed to go, and worship with my fellow believers while I had the chance. So my solution? Chugging a can of Pepsi Max on my way to the church service. I did what's right, even though I didn't feel like it.

Another story. I have a friend at JCIB, and if you know anything about it, the classes are TOUGH there. And she shared with us that she often times struggled with coming to church to. It's so easy to say "well I have so much homework" and just skip it. But she admitted, that when she is diligent and goes to church anyway, God blesses her.

Now get this, I'm not slamming anybody who doesn't go to church regularly. I am not looking down on you, I encourage you to get involved with your youth group, but I don't think you're a bad person if you're not. I'm also not telling you this to bring glory to myself and my friend, not by a long shot. God knows I've failed so many times. Sometimes by just being too lazy to turn on my alarm. But my point here is this, sometimes you just have to do what's right, even though you don't feel like it. Sometimes, especially in the area of purity, you will have to make a choice, and you will know which is right and wrong-- but you may not feel like making the right choice at the time. But you do it anyway. Why? Because it brings glory to God! And girls, have no doubt, he will bless you when you make the right decision! I can tell you first hand, I was blessed by the service yesterday, and I am so glad I didn't sleep in and skip it. So I encourage you, do what's right today!

Love, Kat

No comments: