Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just sharing my heart...

Hey girls!

So, Kat did a wonderful post tonight about peer pressure, but I also wanted to share what is on my heart. Although, it is not my night to post and Ive gone back and forth all night about doing this... I feel that someone needs to hear this. Only God knows....

I had the chance to go to the premier of the new movie, "To save a life" tonight. It really hit me hard... the underlying message through it all was how we should reach out to others and show them God's love. To be honest... for the most part I try my best to do that. How often though do we say hi or just smile (if that!) yet we go no further... We may not be the ones laughing at people to their face, yet what are we doing behind their backs? Heaven forbid we actually tell them what God's word says, That they are beautiful! I read a cool verse earlier during my quiet time. It is 1 Peter 2:4b(ESV, "Rejected by men, but in the sight of God chosen and precious.". Ephesians 1:4 says, "even as He chose us in him before the foundation of the world that we should be holy and blameless before him.". There are many more, but these are just a few off the top of my mind. So here is my point... I have no idea who all reads this blog. Whether it is just girls, what age, where you are from, what you look like, what your home life is like, or whether you even believe in God or not. I do know one thing though... You are looked upon as precious in God's eyes!! Some girls share their stories with me and I can't even imagine what there life feels like. All I know to say is, "God loves you...". Your peers, your parents, your so called "friends"...they let you down. Yet, God doesn't. Period. I've held on tight to the verse Hebrews 13:5b, "I will never leave you nor forsake you.". That is as straight forward and simple as it can be. Girls, just to be honest with you... I'm not sure I know what love is. Many people who have told me that they "loved" me have hurt me more than I ever imagined they could. Does that mean that God's love is like that? No, not at all!! The closer I grow to God the more I realize what true love is!

So... for those of you who are reading this and thinking how i just, i just do not understand what you are going through and I just don't understand how people treat you. I'm sure you are exactly right... Can I tell you one thing though? I care about you... God layed YOU on my heart tonight. I'm not making that up one bit. You matter not only to God, but also to me. You are precious!! As I talked about in a prior post... God viewed you as worthy of His son's own precious blood. That was no small price to pay... He didn't have to die. Yet, He chose to for you. When this life seems as if it isn't worth living... everything is going wrong... Please remember these simple words.... GOD LOVES YOU *Whispering with more care than you can imagine*!!! He cares!! When it seems as if no one else cares, He does!! Do not let satan try to tell you that if God knew all the wrong you had done that He would not love you. God knows everything that you have done, are doing, and will do! He knew the day that He allowed them to nail Him to that cross. Did it stop Him? Not at all...

Finally, we have said this over and over, yet i want to remind you again. We are here for you. PLEASE feel free to comment. It amazes me how girls feel as if they are the only one struggling with things and they are the only one dealing with this hurt. Then the next day another girl (who is often the first girls best friend!) tells me how she is struggling with the same thing, but she thinks that she is all alone. You are not alone!!! God did not make us to fight is this world alone... It says in the Bible that two are better than one because they help build each other up and are there for each other! We want to be here for you girls, but we can only do that if you will allow us to. Feel free to be anonymous... Names do not matter. Hearts do though...

Sis in Christ,
JEN

No comments: