Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Changing Our Mindset

Okay, so to be completely honest with you girls, I've been sick and my brain is totally fried right now. So tonight's post may be really short, but I had a little something that's been on my mind and I wanted to share it with you. It's about our outlook on purity.

So many times I've heard girls ask this one seemingly harmless question: "How far is too far?" At face value, the question seems genuine and good to ask. But as I thought about it a little more I realized how warped the question is. When we ask this question, what we really mean is "how far can I go before I'm considered sexually impure?" In other words, we only want to do what we "have to" and satisfy our own desires as much as possible. Girls, this is NOT the way God wants us to look at purity.

So what is our alternate mindset? What should we ask instead of "how far is too far?" Well let's look at it this way. 1 Corinthians 10:31 says "so whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." hmmmm... Just a thought, but instead of looking to please fleshly desires, what if we were to try and please God with our actions? What if we were to ask "How far can I remove myself from these fleshly desires to please God?" I think this outlook is how God wants us to look at purity. Not, how much can I please myself, but how much can I please God. And as Christians, it is our duty to honor God above all else.

-Kat

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Awesome! My thoughts exactly! :)