Monday, March 29, 2010

Katelyn's Story!

And I'm going to keep that celebration going because I know how it's going to turn out. Through your faithful prayers and the generous response of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, everything he wants to do in and through me will be done. I can hardly wait to continue on my course. I don't expect to be embarrassed in the least. On the contrary, everything happening to me in this jail only serves to make Christ more accurately known, regardless of whether I live or die. They didn't shut me up; they gave me a pulpit! Alive, I'm Christ's messenger; dead, I'm his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can't lose. Philippians 1:19-21




Have you ever sat down and thought about everything God has done in your life?? I mean, really, everything? Yes, of course, I know I'd really never be able to get back up because to thank Him for everything HE has done would take way too long. But, the point is, we as Christians need to take pride in our testimony!! Know that whatever happened in your life is YOUR story and that could really help someone else. Several people lately have asked me what my testimony is so I figured I would share and this is defintiely going to be a very condensed version! :):)



I have the most amazing, loving, hard working, sweet and wonderful parents!! I've never been without, I've always had more than enough and it is because of my parents. I've always known who God was and been in church. I have three sisters and one brother who have also drastically helped me be who I am today.



I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior on August 6, 1995 when I was five years old. I knew that I wanted to accept Christ and I talked with my parents and then my pastor. I was accountable for my actions after that because I KNEW what was right and wrong. I got baptized soon after and have just fallen more in love with God ever since.



I've never partied. I've never drank or smoked or done drugs. I find it more fun to worship on a Friday night then go watch the latest movie, that's just me. I love Jesus and He loves me so I want to tell people that. I've never been quiet about loving Jesus while there have been times that I didn't always shout it. My parents taught by example. They didn't say not to do one thing and then do another. They don't drink, or smoke or allow anything that they assumed would hinder their relationship with the Lord. And, today, because of that, they're amazing Christians. All of my sisters and my brother are saved, too :) My youngest sister is six and she got saved this year :):):) So, see, I've got this testimony of purity in the sense that I didn't turn to the world because I simply didn't have to. A lot of people don't grow up in loving homes or have great friends, so they do turn to the world. And, that is their testimony.



For the longest time, I think my only regret is not realizing how powerful my testimony was to ME and to others as well. Now, I get to talk to middle school girls and tell them that they don't have to do anything, there is a choice. And, the more stuff that was worldly that went on at my school and even with my friends, I chose not to participate. I chose to love to Christ and not the world because the world has NOTHING for us. Absolutely nothing. So, while my friends were falling in (and out) of love in highschool with guys, I just fell in love with Christ. I knew from a very young age that Christ wouldn't leave. I try to love with everything that I have. I don't judge people if they are in the world and don't know Christ. My heart breaks for those. I want everyone to be in Heaven at the end, I don't want anyone to perish for the worst.



My point of all this is my family was my foundation. My grandparents love the Lord. They serve the Lord. They went to church even when they didn't feel like it. My parents did the same and I'm here now because of all the prayers and support and dedication :) Church has never been a chore for me. How could it be?? Church is a celebration of who Christ is and what He is doing in our lives as Christians. Church is like a party for Him!! To give Him worth and time and praise. My pastors and teachers have always been supportive. Prayer is a key to a successful life, it's talking with Jesus. So, while my testimony is unique to most in the world aspect is missing, there are still struggles that I deal with.



My testimony isn't good enough...isn't cool enough..isn't "whatever" enough... But, when those words come in my head, I remind myself that really that is me saying that Jesus isn't enough. And, He is. He has to be!! So, that's my story, a little of it anyway!! :):)

No comments: