Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thought Filled Thursday!

I thought i would share a song with you girls that has been very dear to my heart lately! =)

The Desert Song Lyrics


Verse 1:

This is my prayer in the desert

And all that's within me feels dry

This is my prayer in the hunger in me

My God is a God who provides



Verse 2:

And this is my prayer in the fire

In weakness or trial or pain

There is a faith proved

Of more worth than gold

So refine me Lord through the flames



Chorus:

And I will bring praise

I will bring praise

No weapon forged against me shall remain



I will rejoice

I will declare

God is my victory and He is here



Verse 3:

And this is my prayer in the battle

And triumph is still on it's way

I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ

So firm on His promise I'll stand



Bridge:

All of my life

In every season

You are still God

I have a reason to sing

I have a reason to worship



Verse 4:

This is my prayer in the harvest

When favor and providence flow

I know I'm filled to be empited again

The seed I've recieved I will sow

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I followed your comment back to your blog. This is one of my favorite songs also.

What an encouragement to see young ladies like yourselves encouraging others to purity! What a joy! Thank you for your witness and desire to see others make a stand as well. It makes me remember my dating days and reminds me that I need to write out our story for the blog world to read. If nothing else, as an encouragement to young ladies like yourselves that it can be done. Purity is a choice and the Lord is faithful to reward it, I believe. My marriage is proof of that. I've shared part of our story here and there on my blog, but not all. I better get to work...

Jennifer R said...

We would love for you to share your story on here! You can e-mail me at jennifer.rochester@charter.net if you would like so that we can discuss it! :)