Monday, March 8, 2010

Mrs. Connie's story!!

I married at seventeen. A year and a half later, my husband wanted a divorce. Devastated, I picked up the pieces of my shattered heart and joined the United States Air Force. I had a seizure while marching from tech school at Chanute AFB. Discharged…Disoriented describes the next few years of my life, though I was convinced that I knew where I was going, and, of course, I possessed all Truth. In 1977, though tormented, I chose to have an abortion. Two months later, I met Tim in a nightclub. The moment I saw him, I knew he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with…July 1981, we married. July 1982, Kristina was born. I was haunted by my “choice” as I felt her body growing within me. Anguish held me in a fierce grip as I hid my secret in the darkest closet of my heart. We moved to Houston and, through circumstances too incredible to post, began attending Grace Community Church. I learned how to pray – and listen – how to hear God’s Voice and recognize His involvement in my life. I let go of all the things to which I had held so tightly…
When I set my heart on God, nothing else would satisfy. When I began to read His Word, it moved me as no other, speaking to my deepest need. At age 39, Melissa Ann was born. While in prayer one morning in 1985, I was impressed that we were to return to Alabama and live in the house and land Tim had inherited. We placed a sign in the yard; the first person who walked into our home, bought it. Verbena…
One afternoon Kristina discovered my secret. She had always called me “Preacher Mom” - stating that I didn’t understand the pressures her generation was forced to confront; she would never speak those words again. My beautiful daughter encouraged me to share my experience publicly - perhaps it would save a life… I did.
Since most of you know the rest of the story, I’ll conclude with…

I pray that you never make the mistakes I made. God forgives, but we have to live with the consequences of our decisions, and those consequences may be painful.
I pray that you pursue a FRIENDSHIP with God – that He is your first thought in the morning and your last thought at night… that He invade your dreams with His Vision for your life and, during the day, weave His Plans & Purposes into every detail of your destiny – and that you recognize His Presence at all times.
I pray that you will have a passion for His Word. There are so many things He longs to show us –

Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and wonderful things that you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

wow...how beautiful the Lord turned it to be:)